How to Recover an Unsaved Excel File
We have experienced a situation where we have created an Excel file and then accidentally closed it out without saving it. Is it lost forever? Do I have to recreate the entire file over? Those are just a few of the questions that will be flying around in your head. Take a deep breath, and follow the steps below to recover your excel file.
1.You click the File tab => Info => Manage Documents.
2. You select “Recover Unsaved Workbooks” from the drop-down menu.
3. Click “Open” when you’ve selected the file you want to recover.
4. Click the Save As button and save your Excel file.
You also recover overwritten Excel files
You click on the FILE tab => Info => Manage Versions button you’ll see all autosaved versions of your file.
Excel automatically saves versions of the workbook at specified intervals, but only if you’ve made changes to your spreadsheet between these intervals. The name of each version has a date, time and the “(autosave)” note. When you click any of them, it will open along with the most current version of your workbook so that you can compare them and see all the changes.
If the program closed incorrectly, the last autosaved file is labelled with the words (when I closed without saving).
- Microsoft Office 2010 Free Download
- Microsoft Office 2013 Free Download
- Microsoft Office 2016 Free Download